Saturday 1 January 2011

How much does "your face" cost you?

You know when you come across a blog that you just completely fall in love with and just sit scrolling and reading through all of their previous posts, well this happened to me the other day when I came across Golden Glow. A post that really stuck out to me was when Lisa added up the cost of the products she uses on an average day. I hope she doesn't mind but I thought I would give it a go too ...

Nars Sheer Glow - £29.00
Rimmel Stay Matte Powder - £3.99
Mac Studio Finish Concealer - £12.50
Urban Decay 24/7 Pencil Concealer - £10.00
Mac MSF in Soft & Gentle - £19.50
Topshop Cream Blush in Flush - £6.00
Mac Blush in Well Dressed - £16.50
Urban Decay Primer Potion - £12.00
CoverGirl Lash Blast Mascara - £5.00
Mac Eye Shadow in Satin Taupe - £11.00
Urban Decay Eye Shadow in Sin - £13.00
Max Factor Eye Shadow in Burnt Bark - £0.99
Sleek Ink Pot in Dominatrix - £3.99
Mac Tinted Lip Conditioner in Feelin' Good - £10.50
Mac Lipstick in Hue - £12.50

Total = £166.47

This is the sort of make-up that I would wear on maybe an average weekend or a night out to the cinema or for dinner.

I think this post would make a really great Tag, do feel free to add up your face and let me know what it totals too :)

12 comments:

  1. Oh my that's a lot of money. I bet mine would add up to 3 figures too! Great post xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh god, wouldn't want to think how much I waste on my face!
    Great idea though, I bet some are insane amounts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is a really interesting post, I might work mine out too! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooh this is a brilliant post!! Got me thinking now :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I use 6 products and they're not expensive so my total wouldn't be much!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, this was such an interesting post! I would do this, but i'm too scared of what the total would be! Haha :/ xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha wow! I don't want to know mine :-L but loving the idea x
    http://phhoebee.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. i tried calculating this but lol isn't it the same with adding up the costs of outfit on our bodies each day? it makes me shudder to think about it XD but great post!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this post. Its amazing how much us girls spend on our everyday face routine. It definitely all adds up x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww thank you for the mention! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's crazy isn't it?! You can see now why the beauty industry is so lucrative!

    ReplyDelete
  12. i feel too guilty to finish calculating how much i spend on my face :/

    ReplyDelete