Tuesday 6 April 2010

Tag - Don't believe the hype!

It seems like loads of people are doing this post so i thought i would give it a go :) As always, this is just my opinion and these products may work amazingly for you!

Sleek Palette in Sunset: Everyone raved at how amazing these palettes were so i think my expectations were maybe a little too high. With the lighter colours i think pigmentation is a little disappointing and all the colour seem to have lots of shimmery fallout :( This being said, i do still use this and would probably consider buying another, i just don't think they are as good as a lot of people make out.

Nars Orgasm: This is another disappointing product, but not necessarily a bad one. Just about everyone seems to own it and love it and i will admit it is a pretty blush. Bot does it deserve all the magazines calling it the no.1 blush?? no.

Benefit You Rebel Lite: I think for a lot of people they see this Tinted Moisturiser as the best on the market but I'm really not a fan :( It seems to turn orange throughout the day on your face and i find in really difficult to blend.

Gosh Darling: Again, not a bad product, but not as good as some people make out. I was expecting the most amazing nude lipstick and instead i got a nice nude lipstick.

Smashbox Photo Finish Primer: I just feel like this does nothing. It claims to create the perfect base for your foundation/concealers but to me its just an extra layer on my face. However it cost me like over £20 so i still use it just so it doesn't go to waste

Urban Decay 24/7 Eye Liners: I don't think these are any better than my Avon Arabian Glow cream liners (which are my all time favourites and Avon have just come out with 4 new colours :D)

Agree or Disagree??

9 comments:

  1. I totally agree with you with regards to You Rebel... I used it once or twice, but it turned orange on me :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I havent tried any of the others but i love my sunset palette :) i actually think all the colors are amazingly pigmented and my most used ones are the lightest pink and the reds :) (my sister did mention she thought the smashbox primer was horrible though)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agreed with the Sunset palette and GOSH Darling! Just wasn't as good as I expected it to be from all the hype around them! :( I really want NARS Orgasm but have seen so many people being disappointed with it...now I'm a teeny bit dubious!!
    Might have to steal this tag and do it! :)

    Natalie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with the smashbox.... i must say im quite disappointed in mine and it was insanely expensive. ughhhh

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just bought the Sleek Storm palette and i'm a bit disapointed too :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hated the regular Smashbox Photo Finish, but then I got the light version and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am totally with you on Gosh Darling, I expected something amazing and it actually didnt impress me that much to be honest!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, I have nominated you for the Sunshine Award :)
    You can see the post and details here:
    http://lovelaughlauren.blogspot.com/2010/04/my-first-award-sunshine-award.html

    Sorry if you already have it, but I wanted to say thanks for being my first follower haha!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I probably make the hype around these products, I love them all apart from You Rebel that I've never tried.

    ReplyDelete