Wednesday 27 January 2010

The Month In Covers - February

I think this is a theme of post i want to try and do every month. I'll basically show the 8 magazines i bought that month (or more if i buy more) and give you my opinion of the cover picture, because i know for a lot of people, they judge a magazine by it's cover.

Marie Claire
To be honest, I'm not really a fan. The only thing i like, no love, is the trench. Burberry gets me EVERYTIME. God i love Christopher Bailey! But i hate Billie Pipers hair. It's just all over the place. and i don't really like how he is smiling, although her teeth are lovely.

Elle
I was sooo excited when i bought this. It's just refreshing to see a nude coloured cover. To me, this is perfection. I think there are prettier pictures of Natalie Portman in the article compared to the cover picture, but it's not disastrous.

InStyle
The box that InStyle is typed over is a different colour every month and they usually correspond with the month eg. Winters are usually deep colours like blues & purples and i think they had a gold. So i hate that they used bright pink in February. I think Reese looks fabulous. everything is very modern & sharp. and i like that her hair is tied back. And the stool makes a nice change :)

Teen Vogue
I think it's important to keep in mind that Teen Vogue is for teenagers and shouldn't actually have a mature picture like the other magazines i buy. So keeping that in mind, i love this. I think it just looks really young and laid back. Oh and i love Jessica Szohr too which is a bonus.

Glamour
I don't think much to Cheryl Cole. dont get me wrong i dont hate her. I just dont really get what all the fuss is about. Also, the dress is a little too fussy for a full body cover picture. It's just boring. BLAHHH.

Vogue
Yay to lilac :) it reminds me of the Burberry spring summer 2010 collection WHICH I LOVED! However i dont really think much to the thing as a whole. It isn't very Vogue, if you get what i mean.

Vanity Fair
Eww Tiger Woods. nuff said. haha

Harper's Bazaar
LOVELY. harper's are really good at doing close up's for their covers. And the cover feels kind of velevetty. no not velvet. like when you put primer on your face. It feel soft like that, which is nice :)

What do you think of them??

2 comments:

  1. I'm with you on Cheryl Cole. I don't understand either what's the big fuss about her. There's so many other more talented or more unique celebs out there who could rock Glamour's cover xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the idea to do a month in covers thing! I like the Natalie Portman one the best. I'm with you on Cheryl Cole, undeniably shes stunning but the personality is a bit bland...:) Please follow me? x

    ReplyDelete